Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Getting started on your fantasy novel; the most important step.

As I've said before, to better help you understand the writing process, this blog will follow me as I write the third book The Synija series. I will share my real life experiences in hope that you will learn from them. I will also explain the writing process, and give you examples of going through it.
I don't know how many times I've heard people say "I'd like to write a book someday... I actually have a pretty good idea for a character/villain/world, etc." But they never get around to it! They say when they get out of school, when they get a good job, when they get through this, after their kids are grown, when they retire....
Just DO it! Accept that writing a book will not be easy, but will be worth it! Set aside time each day, or if you are too busy for each day, even once a week is better than "some day" which is code for never.
While it's extremely important to outline your book, it is possible to outline too much. You can spend years trying to figure out every detail, but sometimes until you write the actual scene you won't know everything.
So let's get started together!

No comments:

Post a Comment