Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The amazing feeling when your book is FINISHED!

Saturday, July 10th, 2010. Slept late, and then awoke refreshed. Breakfast. And then the writing commenced.
I wrote all day, stopping only to eat and use the bathroom. My husband prayed for me that morning, that I could have the words to finish my book. I didn't expect to finish that day, but suddenly the words just flowed out of my fingers, and I no longer felt as if I was writing my book, but was reading it! A hole opened up in my computer screen, through which I watched the last chapters of my book play out like a movie!
Suddenly I was on the last chapter. Chris (my husband) left to get these amazing cookies from Great American Cookie company, called Double Doozies. YUM! Our way of celebrating! He said I couldn't touch them though until I finished. He came home as I was writing the last two sentences.
And then I was finished! FINISHED! I couldn't believe it! TEN YEARS of work, finally complete! I was so excited I almost cried! At long last, I am at peace with the sequel to Rise of the Synija.
It was a beautiful ending. Tragic, moving, and victorious all at once! For a time I'd had doubts about the ending. Life had discouraged me, and I felt that my books were insignificant. I contemplated ending the story with my second book, rather than having five books as I originally had wanted. If I'd done so it would have ended with my main characters defeating the villain, but becoming separated in the process. Then they would have wasted away, alone and miserable, until finally, when they could bear life no longer, they died of old age. What a horrible ending!
But that didn't happen. My characters didn't want it to. So I find myself proceeding with my plans for five books.
VALLEY OF THE DYING SUN IS FINISHED!

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific feeling, I hope you keep plugging away. You're an inspiration, you make me feel ready to write my novel.

    ReplyDelete